Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Proposal.

For my emulation project I will be emulating the work of Brassai. I loved the work he did using only one specific light source, so I decided that I would emulate these aspects of his work. I was attracted to the idea of using one light source to illuminate the subject of the photo and to really focus all the attention on them. Brassai tried to use "everyday" light sources for his photos, a streetlight, or car headlights.
For my work I have chosen to depict teenage life through this type of photography. I thought this would be a good  idea because it would bring this style of photography into the 21st century, the target audience would also related to it because they could relate to my images because they have been in similar situations. The five photographs I will taking are:
1) A boy will be playing video games with the tv being the only light source. I will have the picture taken behind the tv at an angle to show the boy with the controller in his hand but i will not show what is on the tv screen.
2) My next photograph will be of someone working at a desk with a desk lamp being the source of light. The subject will be hunched over as if deep into their studies. I will take the picture from behind the person at a slight distance to get the whole desk in.
3) I would like a couple sitting on a bench under a street lamp. Their bodies will be facing forward but they will be kissing each other.
4) My 4th photograph will be someone at the computer and the computer screen would be the light source. I would take the picture over the top of the monitor to show the keyboard and mouse.
5) My final picture will be someone using an ipod with headphones in and the ipod screen will be the light source showing their face. The ipod will be held at waist height to try and get as much of the subject illuminated as possible.

1 comment:

  1. This is a strong proposal. I am looking forward to seeing your five photographs on Monday, the 25th!

    ReplyDelete